December 29, 2012
The following link will take you readers to a video of the top ten rides (Not my opinion)
Below I will explain the thoughts that I have on them,
Kamikaze- Looks like It would hurt
breakdance- looks like lots of fun
ring of fire- Saw it at a local fair that I went to, I was too scared to go on it.
Energy storm- I think that I could work up the courage to go on it after going on the Extreme 2 ride at the richmond fair.
power surge- No way, Too high and belly twisting
Beach party- A ride that everyone has to try at least once according to other people’s comments on it. (Including me)
Top Scan- You will have to force me to go on that one, too high
Mega Drop- I hate the stomach drops, so no
Tango- Too scary, Insaine
The Zipper- I have wanted to ride the zipper for the longest time but I feel that the inability to control the cage’s flipping would make me too scared to go on.
May 30, 2012
Today I am going to blog about the trailer for the movie Rio.
Me, already have seen the movie, thought that the movie was great. For children though.
Most cartoons are directed towards younger audiences, but also most of them can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Rio, not so much. It was not very funny and had a very annoying theme song.
May 29, 2012
I’m talkin about loose, FOOTLOOSE
Kick off your Sunday shoes
Pull me off a my knees
Jack, get back, c’mon before we crack
lose your blues everybody cut footloose!
Dosn’t that song just get stuck in your head?
It got stuck in my head after I watched the trailor for Footloose.
The movie looks like it is going to be a hit, I don’t know about the old version but I heard that it was amazing.
Usually I would say remakes of old movies are never as good as the originals, and I could say that again to this movie.
- Spotted Online – G.I. Joe Collector’s Club Footloose Review (battlegrip.com)
- Footloose 2012 (josephfurguson.wordpress.com)
- Watch, Pass, or Rent Video Movie Review: Footloose (popsugar.com)
- Lose your blues everybody cut footloose (mistysilhouette.com)
- Would You Want to See Chace Crawford Star in Footloose? (popsugar.com)
May 28, 2012
Animation, arts, Brave, business, disney pixar, entertainment, film, Pixar Academy Award, Animation, art, Brave, disney pixar, John Lasseter, Luna, Pixar, pixar animation studios, Short film, transportation, www youtube Leave a comment
Today I decided to post the trailor for the Pixar short ‘La Luna’. It is about a small child who is growing up and is taken to his father and grandfathers work for the first time. He is constantly seen copying his father or his grandfather, but is more willing to follow his father. The line of work they do is something only Pixar can think up, fishing for stars. The whole short looks beautiful. Beautiful; animations, music, and sound effects.
The Pixar short, like all of the other shorts, is with no dought going to be amazing.
If you want to see it, go and see the Pixar movie Brave in theaters because it is only playing there.
- Spain: Mecano – Hijo de la Luna (jobblog2011.wordpress.com)
- Pixar auction: An animated effort for Japan’s tsunami recovery (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- The Pixar Avengers Looks Like the Best Pixar Movie Ever (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Pixar’s ‘Brave’ new clip: Merida scares younger brothers – watch (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Pixar Items Auctioned to Help Japan Tsunami Recovery (etstoyscafe.wordpress.com)
- San Francisco Bound: Disney-Pixar Press Event for CHIMPANZEE and BRAVE (themomreviews.com)
May 15, 2012
I recently watched the commercial for the the old school classic Bat Masterson.
The movie looks like it would have been a great action flick back in the day. It is funny, action filled, and the guy is just plain badass.
May 14, 2012
Animation, business, entertainment, film, Technology, video, Video game Africa, Animation, animation quality, anime, brightness levels, comedy, DreamWorks Animation, dreamworksanimation, entertainment, film, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Madagaskar, one of my best friends, television show, Video game Leave a comment
Madagaskar is one of my favourite animated movies, the laughs and drama were both at it’s peak. When the second one came out I was too afraid to watch it because it is one of those movies that reveal all of the funny parts in the commercial. I have the video game(game for family), so I already know the storyline, and I also have the movie. I don’t know why I bought it when I never thought on watching it, but to this day I have never seen the entire movie, only bits and pieces. Also I heard from one of my best friends who I shared the love for the movie with, that it was not very funny. I do not want to watch the second movie because I am afraid that it will spoil the masterpiece of Madagaskar.
At least the animation is still at it’s best. Actually the animation quality in Madagaskar 3 looks better than the first one. When I talk about the animations in movie sequals, I am talking about the colours and shades that were used. Usually sequals to good movies that could be enjoyed for a lifetime, are reanimated so much that they look like they were done by completely different animators. Character’s clothing is made of different textures and brightness levels.
This movie just might be better than the previous one because their t.v show was very entertaining and funny, when usually movies that get turned into t.v shows are almost pointless to even preview. The funny thing is, the television show for Madagaskar was created using the exact type of animation I described above. The characters were way brighter and the characters were more child -looking. Probobly to attract young viewers. Their t.v show probably helped them with the production of Madagaskar 3 a lot.
Also my hopes on this movie not being terrible, was the fact that the same 4 hilarious actors were staring in it. There is; Ben Stiller as Alex, Chris Rock as Marty, David Schwimmer as Melman (my favourite character), and Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria.
This movie looks like it will be worth watching and I am not scared a bit to watch it.
Madagaskar 3 be ready.
- UPDATE: DreamWorks Animation Will Have Distribution Plan By Labor Day (deadline.com)
- UPDATE: DreamWorks Animation Will Have Distribution Plan By Labor Day (m.deadline.com)
- From the Big Screen to the High Seas: Royal Caribbean International and DreamWorks Animation Unveil an Unprecedented Strategic Alliance (uk.prweb.com)
- “Shrek Forever After” Concept Artwork Available! by DreamWorks Animation Fine Art (prweb.com)
- DreamWorks to Launch How to Train Your Dragon Live Event This Summer (shoppingblog.com)
May 9, 2012
Animation, Brave, disney pixar, entertainment, film, Pixar, Uncategorized, video Animation, Brave, Disney, disney pixar, entertainment, film, ginger hair, own destiny, Pixar, Red hair, teenaged girl, Toy Story 3, Walt Disney Company Leave a comment
The movie is about a teenaged girl with really curly ginger hair named Merida who lives in a far away land. Like most movies released by Disney, Brave takes place in the medieval times. Merida like most princesses, felt confined and controlled by her parents, so she ran away to seek out away to change her life. She was tired of her parents telling her how to act, how to dress, even who shall marry her! The problem was that Merida accidentally let lose a dangerous cure, which begins the adventure, of a young teenager fighting to control her own destiny.
Brave looks like a really good movie and I would watch it if it was free. Not only does it look funny, it is just plain fun to listen to during the commercial. Merida’s accent is Scottish and is really cool to listen to.
- So, about that “Brave” movie… (akatandthemouse.com)
- We’re All Brave with Disney/Pixar Brave (formulamom.com)
- See Pixar’s new Princess Merida live and in human form! [Video] (io9.com)
- What’s next for Pixar? Dinosaurs and the Day of the Dead! [Pixar] (io9.com)
- Scotland to host Disney media junket for film Brave (scotsman.com)
May 7, 2012
Android, apple, business, entertainment, gadgets, ipad amazon, android, apple, exchange partner, global market research, IOS, ipad, Kindle Fire, market increases, NPD, pc tablet, tablet market, technology, Windows 8, zdnet Leave a comment
Okay so I’m back, it has been a week sinse I updated because I was visiting my exchange partner from BC. This blog a very short and to the point statement. ‘Apple will lose quarter of tablet market by 2017.’ According to NPD Display Search (global market research and consulting firm) PC tablet sales are expected to grow five times over by 2017, but Apple will not account for a lot of it. NPD stated that by next year Apple will control close to 75 percent of the global tablet market with iOS on the iPad. As the Android market increases, NPD believes that Amazon‘s Kindle Fire will become the new number 1 because of their amount of diversification in the market. Another possibility for market toppers would be the new Windows 8, leaping from a fractional 1.5 percent in 2012 to 7.5 percent in 2017.
- NPD: Apple will lose quarter of tablet market by 2017 (zdnet.com)
- Tablet shipments to surpass notebook shipments by 2016, says report (androidauthority.com)
- iPad, Android Devices Drive Tablet Sales: NPD (eweek.com)
- Tablets Quickly Becoming the Portable PC of Choice (allthingsd.com)
- Tablets in IT’s Future (businessagility.com)
April 26, 2012
Technology, entertainment, video, arts, gadgets, camera, business, PVC PVC, business, Telly Award, Plastic pipework, Paint roller, Materials and Supplies, Site Construction, silver telly, pvc pipe Leave a comment
http://vimeo.com/789519 Ever wanted to make a movie, but don’t have and money or place to put any fancy green or white screens? This video explains in a clear and smart way how to make your own whiteroom cheaply, and with little space. The silver Telly Award winning video of 2009 explains that using massive amounts of bright lights, a camera, a garage, and an 8*4 textureless piece of paneling will create a seemingly infinite white background. That way inspiring movie makers can start experimenting with whitescreen in their own garages.
The materials and prices are listed below:
- 15 clamp lights = $105
- 2 floor lamps = $20
- 21 CFLightbulbs = $60
- 8*4 paneling = $10
- 2 Gallons paint = $20
- Canvas Dropcloth = $20
This video provides an inexpencive way to experience a portion of a proffesional greenscreen and is great for anyone who has an interest in filming and greenscreens.
- DIY Steadicam- Flying Camera Supports (co0municati0nsandtechnologys.wordpress.com)
- WebGL Demo – Raymarching An Infinite City (webgl.com)
- At Least There’s a Good Reason I’m Sick of Hearing About BioShock Infinite [Bioshock] (kotaku.com)
- MyMove™ – 10 Painting Supplies You Didnt Know You Needed (mymove.com)
- 120426 [INFO/TRANS] Google+ Infinite Talk Room (Video Chat) Fan Interview! on April 28th (infinitesoul.wordpress.com)
Hulu is a is an app found on Google Play that allows users to watch television on their computer for free. Recently Hulu has released Hulu Plus, which allows user to watch television shows on their mobile phones. While the Hulu app on Google Play is free, the Hulu Plus service requires a US$7.99/month. The main problem with this service is the fact that many shows that were available on the free, PC version of Hulu, are not available on Hulu Plus. Hulu Plus does offer shows that the free version of Hulu doesn’t however. This article explains the pros and cons of this app from Google Play, and explains what devices are supported by the app. Also the article contains many problems that the reviewer faced while testing the app, and what he thought about them. Most of them were only minor errors, but some of them were huge let downs. Anyone who has ever wondered if the $7.99/month price of the Hulu service was worth it, read this article to help you decide.
- Hulu “Grows Up” As a TV Rival, Guarantees 100% Ad Completion (marketingvox.com)
- ‘Hulu Plus’ app now available on 7 Android tablets, flaunts new UI (9to5google.com)
- Court bans ‘German Hulu’ | Advanced Television (digitaltvnewssummary.wordpress.com)
- Hulu Plus lands on four more Android handsets (news.cnet.com)
- Today’s Top Stories: Google Drive Around the Corner, Windows 8 Editions (mashable.com)